IDENTIFICATION OF COASTAL BIOTA MANGROVE EDUCATION CENTER (MEC) USING LINE TRANSECT METHOD CASE STUDY IN PANGKALAN JAMBI VILLAGE, BUKIT BATU DISTRICT, BENGKALIS REGENCY
The Mangrove Education Center is located in Pangkalan Jambi Village, Bukit Batu Sei District. Pakning Bengkalis Regency which has the potential to be developed into a mangrove ecotourism area, because almost along the coast is overgrown with mangrove ecosystems and has abundant biota. This study aims to identify the potential of biota using the transect method as a mangrove ecotourism area. Data collection was carried out from January to February 2022 in Pangkalan Jambi. The research method used is purposive sampling. The research area was taken as many as 3 stations. Data analysis is based on the number of biota found in each station. Parameter data for mangrove tourism suitability consists of biota objects. The results of the measurement of the suitability of mangrove tourism parameters are the number of biota at station I with 35, station II at 30 and station III at 38. Found 4 species of biota with others such as: fish, shrimp, crabs, mollusks, reptiles, birds, and other biota. The results of this study indicate that this mangrove forest spans an area of 3 hectares along the coastline of Pangkalan Jambi Village. the most influential for the sustainability of the mangrove ecosystem.
2. [BPS] Badan Pusat Statistik. (2016). Statistik Sumber Daya Laut dan Pesisir. BPS, Indonesia. Hal 27, 101 dan 80
3. Saru, A. (2014). Potensi Ekologis dan Pengelolaan Ekosistem Mangrove di Wilayah Pesisir. Cetakan Pertama. IPB Press.Kampus IPB Taman Kencana, Bogor - Indonesia.
4. Polit., D.F. & Hungler., B.P. (1999).Nursign Research.Principles and methode. 6th ed. Lippincott. Philadelpia-New York-Baltimore.
5. Anam, R. (2012). Field Identifikation Guide To The Living Marine Resources of Kenya. Departemen Rome. Italy.
6. Kordi, G. (2012). Ekosistem Mangrove: Potensi, Fungsi, dan Pengelolaan. Rineka Cipta. Jakarta
7. Budiman, M.A.K. (2014). Potensi Pengembangan wisata Birdwatching di Wanawisata Curug Cipendok Kabupaten Banyumas Jawa Tengah. Skripsi. Bogor (ID): Fakultas Kehutanan Institut Pertanian Bogor
8. [IUCN] International Union for Conversation of Nature. (2016). IUCN Redist of threatened Species [Internet]
9. Yulianda, F. (2007). Ekowisata bahari sebagai alternatif pemanfaataan sumberdaya pesisir berbasis konservasi. Departemen Manajemen Sumberdaya Perairan, FPIK. IPB.
Copyright (c) 2022 Bintang Rapshodio Tane, Aras Mulyadi, David M Haryanto
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors submitting manuscripts should understand and agree that the copyright of manuscripts of the article shall be assigned/transferred to the "Asian Journal of Aquatic Sciences". This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-No Derivatives 4.0 International License, where Authors and Readers can copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, as well as remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, but they must give appropriate credit (cite to the article or content), provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. If you remix, transform or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.